Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cell Phones...rude? or not rude?

Since I work in retail I understand what its like trying to ask customers questions while they are ignoring you and talking on their cell phone...that's when I start talking louder or just stare at them.

This morning at the Buck I was standing in line when it was a gentleman's turn to order. He was quite engaged in his cell phone conversation that he had no clue what was going on around him. The lady right behind him, whom was making cell phone usage remarks to the rest of us in line, started ordering her coffee beans and drink of the day.....and at that moment the cell phone man started ordering his drink, while still on his phone...thats when the tennis match started. She was yelling at him, he was yelling back. It was fun to watch, I just wished I'd already had my coffee to make it more enjoyable.

1 comment:

blondecrazygurl said...

Ugh...this happens to me at Old Navy. They act like... "what? I am the customer and I can do what I want, even if it means acting like a rude ass and ignoring you while on my cell phone because my life is more important than yours and everyone else around me".... sometimes I just want to smack that phone right out of their hand...but of course I wouldn't because unlike them I have some respect... HA